Invisalign straightens the teeth with virtually invisible aligners that are made to fit you to ensure greater comfort. Let the trusted dentist of Puerto Rico, Dr. Miguel Santaella, do it for you.
There was once only one way to correct misalignment and bite issues, but now, your dentist has an innovative new technique to help you achieve your most beautiful smile. Invisalign uses a series of invisible, removable, and comfortable aligners that no one can tell you’re wearing. So, you can smile more during treatment as well as after. Invisalign is made with 3D computer imaging technology and has been proven effective.
With Invisalign, our patients realize their smile goals in about the same treatment time as traditional braces, but with comfortable, discreet aligners. A wonderful alternative to the standard metal bracket and wire orthodontics, Invisalign has the capability to correct teeth that are too widely spaced, overcrowded, or affected by underbite, overbite, crossbite, or an open bite. The positives of choosing Invisalign are:
- That they are completely transparent; this means they are hard to see once in place.
- You can feel free to smile and laugh more comfortably.
- You won’t have the worry of trying to clean behind and between your teeth as the food you eat won’t get stuck because they are removable.
- They are comfortable and far less intrusive than the traditional fitted braces.
- Because the aligners are not fixed to the teeth and can be removed, the roots of the teeth don’t suffer and shorten. Food won’t get stuck which can help prevent decay.
- The aligners exert less force on the teeth and so the movement is more gradual and less painful. No need to have them tightened which can be very uncomfortable.
- As the aligners use no wire, there is no chance of catching on the inside of your mouth; this can lead to painful ulcers with traditional braces.
Your dentist will take an impression of your teeth, this mould is then put through a specialized scanner. The scanned image is created on a computer screen which in turn creates a 3D model. The technician will then create an individual’s teeth on the scan and where they should be in their final position at the end of the treatment plan. This is used to create a simulation of the various stages the teeth will go through until the final position is obtained.
This information is used to create a mould for the individual patient at each stage of the treatment. This less intrusive approach to tooth realignment is a great alternative to the traditional wire and bracket orthodontics. It can be used to tackle overcrowded teeth, underbites, overbites and crossbites. If you have teeth that are too widely spaced or even if you have an open bite, Invisalign can help.
Decided with Invisalign? Get it only from the best of Puerto Rico, Dr. Miguel Santaella.